Remember that Joan Osbourne song?
"What if God was one of us, just a stranger on a bus, trying to make his way home, like a holy rolling stone?".
What a great song..S and I saw Joan Osborne at Alive at 5 last summer, what an amazing energizing show, we danced and sang and drank warm flat beer...Ah summer...
Anyhow, back to the question, what if God was really one of us? I would want to sit down with him or Her (despite my feminist leanings, I believe God is indeed a man, if he were a woman, she would insist on having cocktails once a month and dishing dirt on plans and gossip), and ask questions. So much of one's life is lived blindly. In that I mean, we don't know, really, what tomorrow or the next day will bring.. Is it wrong to want a peek at his plan for us? I am of the mind that everything happens for a reason...I just don't know what that reason might be, and it sometimes drives me crazy..
Am I ranting?
What is the plan for S and I? Things happen that I don't understand. Case in point, we sold the house in a day, yes, ONE day.. Which is amazing given the economy. However, we have no house to move into, not thinking the house would sell that fast, we hadn't had a chance to find our dream house. So we are scrambling around like two crazy people trying like hel* to find our next place to live..Where will we land? I hate the thought of having to move into an apartment until we can locate our dream house, but that might end up being the case. Again, why? Is there some odd lesson that we are suppose to learn out of this exhausting exercise?
The second question I would ask my favorite Deity would be, where is our baby? Is there a reason we have not been able to conceive? Are we not fit? Of course we are, we both want a little one. I look around and it seems as tho everyone has a little one.. Why them and not us? Is it a timing issue? Are we suppose to wait until we find said dream house with a nursery next to the master bedroom? Or, is it that we were not meant to have one and we are suppose to travel and buy sports cars?
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe our lives are lead day by day, with no "master plan" out there..Maybe life is just a series of events, unrelated and haphazard, no plan, just spontaneity...I have spent a better part of my life clinging to the idea that everything happens for a reason - have I been doing that to explain events in my life that defy explanation? Situations that reek of nonsense..Who knows? That guy on the bus knows, but he wont talk. As I said, if God were a woman, she would have a martini with you and explain everything and maybe even go shopping with you..
So, what is your take? Haphazard series of events or a master plan? Just a bit of food for thought on a sunny Saturday..
xo
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment