Hi all! Before I impart my wisdom - let's get the cuteness out of the way - shall we?
and...
Today I want to talk about priorities and when and how they might shift. Last week showed me that my life slants in a totally different direction these days..There were two days that I had to choose between doing something that I wanted to do and something that would benefit Baby C - both times - I picked what would benefit my son. I put aside what I wanted to do...This is the quintessential parental role - Yes? Chose your child's needs before your own.
I waited a long time to get married and even longer to become a mom. And yes- I will brag for a minute - I'm darn good at it..Part of the reason why that is- is that I have lived alot..I have traveled, I have gone out to parties and bars- I have slept till noon - I have danced until dawn - I have stayed in my jammies all day watching movies..There isn't alot that I didn't want to do that I didn't do..
So - the point here is that this major shirt in priorities for me is ok - it is fine for me to miss a concert or a night out in order to do things that will benefit Baby C..Because to sound cliche - "Been there - Done that" - so I don't mind..I can't imagine becoming a mom before I was able to experience so much life - I think I would be resentful of my baby.
Now - don't get me wrong - I do still crave my alone time and my time out with the girls and I am still able to have both..Not with as much frequency and with way more planning. But when I go into Baby C's room in the morning and he is standing in his crib smiling and so excited to see me - it is all SO worth it..
xo

No comments:
Post a Comment