Happy Friday y'all - I hope everyone has warm mittens today - its another cold one! This is not an entry regarding the weather (que the applause)..
I just cant take anymore of this. "What" you might ask? The news of the woman who gave birth to eight babies. As more details emerge, the more I want to scream. She now has 14 children, all I want is one (not one of hers of course, one of my own).
As I'm sure you all have heard the story, unemployed, single, living with her folks and the kicker here is that she already had six children. SIX! I think what really sent me over the edge was the snippet of the interview she did with Ann Curry. She was blabbing on about how, because she isn't working, she is giving "herself" to her children, that many parents don't do that and that is selfish...Yup, this woman had the NERVE to call parents who work hard to support their children in order to provide food, shelter and education selfish. Ugh. Her utter lack of what is reality makes me cringe. She wanted children. Fine. So do I. But she had a lack of regard for them, she could not see beyond her own need to see the needs of these little babies, these mini people. Their health, their future, all unsure and at risk because she HAD to have children, and allot of them. Not just one.
The other piece of information that I learned that sent those bubbles brewing was that the "donor" was a "friend" and that she hopes, HOPES, he will be involved in raising this gaggle of children. It is all so surreal, how one person can have such issues, such dysfunction and have children.
S and I have been married for going on 15 months, we were together three-sh years before we got married. We both have good paying jobs. We love each other. We have plans for the future for a little person. We are ready. It just seems so unfair in the cosmic sense that a woman who is obviously unfit can have 14 children and S and I, who have everything that a little one would need (including two big brothers) have not been able to get pregnant.
My Dad used to always say, when I would whine about something not being fair, "Get used to it, life isn't fair". I find myself saying that quite frequently. But it doesn't mean i have to like it.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment