Let me set the scene....
I had a long afternoon yesterday working in another office on a project that placed me at a computer for what felt like a million hours..I finally pulled myself away at around 6:15..By this time is was snow/raining and the wind was howling, that coupled with an icy sidewalk made for a challenging walk to another building to attempt to get to my car to get home. Only that door was not in use, so I was forced to hobble across more ice and thru more wind...I finally got to my car, cleaned off my snowy glasses and got on my way. I stopped off for a few hair products and proceeded to drive down my street to my warm inviting, albeit empty, house..As I approach said house, something was off. had I driven down the wrong street in my fuzzy eye computer haze? Nope..What was that? O SH*T! The "for sale" sign had appeared sometime during the day. It is real and last night, quite in my face..
Now, as I have told you, I am excited to move into a bigger house, a change is needed. However, I was not expecting to see the sign last night. It really brought home (no pun intended) the fact that that my house is on the market. That someone (hopefully) will walk thru it and decide they want to live there. So many emotions went thru my mind as i mixed my dry martini..Excitement, fear, dread...I suppose this is natural..I have lived there for almost 9 years...
So, now I wait for the listing to hit the internet and the showings to start. This is the start of something big for S and me. A new adventure for us to experience together..I wished he was home last night to share in my emotions, instead of off in a different time zone. But I'm sure when he returns, he too will be overwhelmed with emotions, probably different ones tho.
What do y'all think? Moving is a good thing.....Right?
:)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Moving is good! Enjoy the excitement!
Post a Comment