So, I have not been here in a bit - apologies to anyone who is out there looking for new blog entries [taps on the computer screen] hellllllooooo? anyone there?
Anyhow, the truth is - I have not had alot of downtime to visit..Now, I have always hated those "I'm too busy" people" - you know the ones - they take weeks to call you back, are impossible to get together with, and all they ever talk about is how SO busy they are..I aways thought this to be an ego thing - the more busy one appears,, the more important they must be..ick - so annoying..
BUT, what I have discovered is, it is not at all about ego..it is about life throwing so much stuff at you all at once, you feel like you are playing dodge ball in gym class (and not the kind with any rules). The past month or so have been like that for me. Many situations, concerns and downright sh*t has been flung at me..Yes, I am good at dodging and when unable to dodge, I face said situation, concern, sh*t - very well I would like to think. Doing this everyday is tiring..both mentally and physically. As I'm sure y'all can relate to - after A DAY, any free time you might squeeze out is preferred to be spent having a cocktail with your SO, or maybe quietly staring at the wall for a bit..Putting witty thoughtful well, thoughts, together seems quite impossible..
So there it is, life has been quite the roller coaster for a bit of a while, thus preventing me from having much to say here in my little space in the blog-o-sphere. Writing to me has always been an escape from times like this, but right now, my go to escape isn't even helping. I am left to trying to remember to breathe and stay positive that every day will be better than the one before and my life's out of control spin cycle will end, or at least slow down - cause I miss my little blog!
So, I pose this question - what is the best way to regain control when you feel like it is slipping away? I found that deep breathing and maintaining my pilates workouts has been enough to keep me sane - but what else is out there to help?
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Control is an illusion. So is perfection. Trying to attain the unattainable is not a path to happiness.
Trying to get a sense of control in an uncontrolable world is what leads some people to cutting and other nasty behaviors.
So, you give up on the notion of trying to get control. You accept things for the way they are, and try and find the humor in situations where it may be hiding deep below the surface.
And you decide to make time for the things that are important for you, and deal with the consequences of your decision.
At least, that is my persepctive.
Time with friends does it for me. Take a deep breath, exhale and then get on the phone and vent.
Post a Comment