Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bring It!

Ok, so the holidays have come and gone, with the lights and decorations and parties and warm fuzzies. We are left with the dreaded February. The month in which the term "cabin fever" was named for..I like to think of February as the month when we are halfway across the lake of winter - but a little stuck in the middle. No shoreline in sight - just a vast, empty dark spooky and cold existence. Well, maybe not spooky - but you get the idea.

So, here we are - waiting for the winter to end. You know i am not a big fan of the winter - I don't ski, I get cold easily and I hate being without a tan. However, if I have to suffer thru year after year (I know it's my fault for not moving to a warmer climate) - I would like to be entertained. By whom? Well, Mother Nature of course. She put on quite a show a few weeks back with her warm temps, wind and monsoon rain...But c'mon - thats it? Growing up in Albany, there seemed to ALWAYS be storms coming thru, dumping piles of snow, ripe to jump into..(I refuse to get into the discussion/argument over global warming)..

This is why, I am putting in a request for a big snowstorm. Im not sure who to contact in Mother Nature's Office about this - let me know if you have an idea. Ok, so my request is as follows..

"One big storm to be forcasted at least 3 days in advance. Said storm will begin as a light, gentle snowfall around 9:00 pm Friday night and continue into the following Saturday. The intensity of said storm will increase as the morning hours of Saturday go along. Snow shall cease falling at approximately 7:00 pm on Saturday evening. Town road crews will then plow and salt (soundlessly of course) overnight, leaving the roads clean and dry for Sunday afternoon errands."

Think that is too much to ask for? I LOVE a big storm on the weekend, when I don't have to go anywhere. I am stuck in the house and forced to watch old movies and drink tea. It is my enjoyment, the way I like to experience winter is looking thru the window at the white fuzzy snowflakes covering the ground.

I wonder if Mother Nature will get back to me or just grant me my storm?
xoxo

No comments: