
Three weeks ago yesterday - I.QUIT.SMOKING. Go ahead - applaud - I'll wait and enjoy it...
So, yes - I finally kicked the habit. I weaned myself down to 1 or 2 smokes a day - then when I smoked my last one from the pack - I did not buy a new one. Tho, i almost did - I sat in the parking lot of Stewarts for about 10 minutes clutching 8 one dollar bills, debating..Buy another pack or stick with it. I made the decision to stick with it. So I did..
Doing this is by far, one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I know I had to. It is expensive and awful for my health. But the thing is, I actually ENJOY smoking, or should I say enjoyED it...So, it has been difficult. The second day I thought I might go crazy - I prowled around my house looking for a smoke - I usually had one stashed away somewhere for an "emergency" and this felt like one. No luck, no stashed secret smoke..That's okay, I could get in the car and go buy another pack...At that moment, I realized that I was kicking not just a habit, but an actual addiction. The thought disturbed me enough to NOT go buy another pack. Ill be damned if I let this addiction get the better of me..For once, by stubbornness came in handy.
So, it has been 3 weeks and the cravings are getting more manageable, and the mood swings are not quite as evil. But I still miss it, yup I do....Especially when watching movies - old black and white movies, EVERYONE smoked...makes me miss my Marb ultra lights. I am expecting to feel better - to breathe better - no more smokey lungs...right????? Add years to my life, save money and avoid the unsolicited comments from folks walking by as one puffs away outside....
It still feel weird to say that I quit...Seems so final...But, then again - isn't that the point????? So, onto the next chapter of my smoke free life.....

2 comments:
Woo hoo! Good job! I know how difficult it must be but I am super proud of you!
Congrats on quitting!!
Post a Comment