Friday, April 8, 2011

Yes, I have been MIA


And I apologize to the 2 1/2 readers of this blog...:)

Well, it looks as tho I haven't been here since February..Yikes, Ok, that is too long..

Ill catch you up on whats going on...Baby C is growing like a little weed, the problem is, he isn't gaining a bunch of weight. The doc didn't seem to be too concerned at the fact that Baby C fell down to the 10th (or something low like that) percentile - He is way up on the charts for height, but low for weight. So what did I do? Immediately blamed myself thinking I am starving my child, that familiar mommy guilt engulfed me. I have been assured that this is normal and ok - but I still feel bad..Ugh...But outside of his skinniness(is that a word?), Baby C is great - he is rolling over, sitting up almost by himself - eating solids and laughing his little bum bum off....

Work is well....work...To me - it is a place to go and earn a sort of paycheck to be able to pay for daycare. I hate going everyday and I wish there could be a better way. I'm always thinking about that..Maybe things will change at some point, but right now, it is what it is and I try to make the best of it, but right around this time of day is when I start to go a bit nuts from missing on Baby C. GAH!

There really isn't much else going on right now, which I suppose is normal for a working mom of a six month old. My spare time is so tiny that it is super difficult to try to do anything constructive/fun/new/different..My days are a series of routines. I have yet to figure out how to cram some "me" time in there. This drives me nuts, I haven't been to a Pilates class since December before I went back to work. I (obviously) haven't been blogging or writing, creatively. This too will change at some point I hope..

I am currently drinking some God-awful coffee in a vain attempt to wake up..Not only do I really start to miss the baby this time of day, but I get attacked by this feeling of utter exhaustion that I think I might fall asleep standing up. But I don't ..thankfully.

Recently, I guess now that Baby C is getting a bit older, I have been asked quite a few times if I am planning a second baby. I politely and firmly say "HELL to the NO"... I'm not sure why this answer elicits such responses as "AW, c'mon, you know you want another" or "Baby C should have a little sister"...Ok, I understand this, having one child isn't really the norm, most do go and have a second and maybe more. But for me, it is OUT OF THE QUESTION..And the reasons for that is not something I care to discuss to just anyone..But, I will if it will shut them up. I had to do this a few weeks back when a colleague would NOT let it go. I launched into all the reasons why another child just is not in the cards for me. She felt horrible about pushing me, I could tell - but I wanted her to know that this subject was closed and that I really had no intention on discussing it EVER AGAIN...Some people need to be conked on the head I suppose.

So that is about it - nothing too exciting - no creative ideas - no insightful insights..Just the every day goings on of me right now..
xo

No comments: