Saturday, April 25, 2009

Moving Soon






Ok, first off, let me comment on the weather - because you KNOW how much I like to..Wow - sunny and hot, I mean probably high 70's. Words cannot describe how much I needed to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, into my bones..Thank you Mother Nature for warming up my soul.

So, here we are, getting ready to move. I know I have hinted and been a bit cryptic about this, but here it is...We will be moving next Friday into a beautiful four bedroom center hall colonial with finished basement and a three season room, solid surface counter tops and a ton more room than we have now. I have been asked if I am excited. Hmmmm. That is a harder question than I would have thought. In theory, I am looking forward to a new adventure, more room and hopefully some nice, fun neighbors. But am I excited? I'm not sure how I can be when there is so very much to do. Packing up a house while still living in it is proving to be really really hard and to honest, a pain in the as*. I wish I could blink my eyes and have it all done. It is almost taking all the fun out of the idea of a new home. I'm sure I'm not alone. But this is my first experience in moving a whole house. When I had apartments, I moved every two years, and honestly, how much can one fit into the small one bedrooms I used to rent?

I just spent a long time on shoes. Yes, shoes. Hunting down the boxes for them and then finding a box big enough to put the shoe boxes in. It reminded me of the George Carlin skit about finding places for your stuff and a house is just a place to hold your stuff. Who knew shoes would take so long, I suppose its partly because I have so many, but that is fodder for another entry.

Well, enough complaining about packing and moving. I feel extremely lucky that S and I were able to sell the house for full price and to find the perfect house within our price range, that we could secure a mortgage and actually be able to afford all of this. In this horrible economic day, I am fortunate to have a steady job with decent (cough cough) income..

So, I will try to stay positive and share with you scenes from today..



A living room full of boxes



L and D eing way too cute, obvilious of all of the hard work going on, I suppose that is the joy of being a little one.
:)

No comments: