So I penned this, more like scribbled, this piece while watching the movie Purple Rain on TV a few weeks back. This movie came out when I was a freshman in high school and the music brings back memories of such a different time..Life is so different now, sometimes I long for the innocence and the idea of a "do over"...So here it is..
Purple Rain and tape cassettes.
Last century.
Old School.
High school, longing for experience, age.
Young.
Vinyl and rotary phones.
Curfews and cheap gas for big cars.
Homework while listening to the boom box.
Youth felt forever.
Hated, envious of age.
Somewhere, the album was flipped and skipped.
Cd's
Dvd's
Mp3's
Cell phones
Internet
Texting replaced speaking whole sentences.
Shortened to letters.
TTYL LMAO.
Too short on time.
No time.
Where is the time we used to hate?
Take me with you.
So there it is..What do you, my fellow Gen Xers think?
xo
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment