
So April has arrived, bringing with it some warm weather, budding trees and my birthday..Spring has been viewed as a time of re-birth, new beginnings, awakenings..And during all of this newness, I celebrate my birthday..Growing up, birthdays were huge in my family, special dinners, special treatment, we all felt like the star of the show on our natal days..
So I celebrated another year on Saturday. I turned 39..And to be honest, I am a bit unsettled about it, and what is bugging me is that Im not quite sure why. I like where I am in my life, about to buy a new house and start a new adventure (yikes!), I have a wonderful husband, 2 great step sons, a loving mom and a great goup of friends. Life is pretty exciting these days (read: stressful), so Im not sure of the origin of this angst. Any idea? Is it the actual act of aging? Is it that I am accross the street from 40? I just dont know, what I do know is that I dont really like it..When I was getting ready to turn 30, i was dreading it - but once it happened, I was thrilled..I loved my early 30's..Why cant I love my late 30's?
Well, despite my anti-39 sentiments, it is here..So I suppose I should try to embrace it..And get to enjoying the spring..And finish pack up my house..We hope to close and move next week. I will keep you posted..Wish me luck that everything falls into place!
PS.. That cute chubby baby in the photo is me..on my first birthday - and that is my mom..wish I could be there again..

2 comments:
Happy Birthday! I can relate - the getting older thing is something I am really not a fan of, and brings some mixed feelings to me as well.
Buuuut - I love the baby picture. I like it when people put them up, I have no idea why. Maybe I'll do the same thing eventually.
thanks for the bday wishes and the compliment on the baby pic - i def would have won the chubby baby award!
Post a Comment