Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday

This year makes the 50th anniversary of Honda. I love Hondas - LOVE them..I got my first one, a Civic (no power steering, door locks or air conditioning) as I graduated from college in 1992. I drove that little black beast until 2005, when i took the rusted dented little fella to Kia Honda and traded him in and purchased a more grown up Accord (with air conditioning - yay!) When i realized it was time for a new car, I did not shop around a whole lot, buying another Honda felt right. During my time with the little Civic, money was tight and I was so thankful for a dependable car that got great gas mileage.

I always recommend these cars to those in the market, you just can't beat the dependability and gas mileage. They are not the most inexpensive cars, but well worth it. So, make a toast to Soichiro Honda,and enjoy this article from the NY Times chronicling the history of the brand Honda. All of this car discussion is reminding me that my car needs to be cleaned, anyone good at detailing? :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/automobiles/12honda.html

No comments: