Thursday, October 30, 2008

Baby Watch 08

Yup - its another cold one this morning - BRRRR...

Anyhow, so S and I have decided that its time for our own little one. In addition to L and D, our own child would be a welcomed addition. Being that we are both "older", has proven to be a bit more difficult. Everyone knows that once a woman turns 30, her fertility rate starts to decline. I find this incredibly unfair, but I cant exactly argue with mother nature.

Two weeks ago, I had 3 vials of blood taken - I was so proud of myself that I didn't faint, as I'm apt to do when there is a needle sucking blood from my body...So I got the test results back and all my hormone levels are where they should be. This was great news! While waiting to hear, S and I discussed our options. The question here was, how far do we want to go? There are so many option available for those who have difficulty conceiving the old fashioned way. So, how far to go? Injections? Infertility treatment? Adoption? I suppose if the science is available and one really wants a child, one could participate in any or all of the options mentioned. I wasn't so sure. My view is that if I am meant to be a mommy, it will happen naturally. I'm not sure if this is what most would think - but it is what I think. I viewed getting married in the same way. And look what happened - I waited for the right one and it took a while, but we found each other...

So - the watch continues. I know my friends, family and co workers are watching as well. It is an exciting time, but it can also be disappointing...I think there is a plan bigger than me, that I couldn't even begin to figure out. As the saying goes, "If you want to make God laugh, make a plan." Being that I am a bit of a control freak, this is sometimes difficult for me. What do you mean that I'm not pregnant yet? I'm ready and all the important factors (marriage, financial security, house full of love) are in place....Sometimes you just have to let go and let things happen as they are meant to...

Happy Thursday! Tomorrow is Halloween and S's birthday - so it will be a great, fun filled day. :)

No comments: