As I have mentioned, fall has fallen. It is only October and it is already looking allot like Thanksgiving in my backyard. Why? The turkeys are back. Yup, turkeys. With their brown bodies and long necks. All 10 of them. They have been hanging around in the mornings since a few weeks back. I don't know where they come from or where they go when they are finished strolling and pecking their way thru the yard.I find this odd as I live smack in the middle of the burbs. Complete with traffic, kids on bikes, school buses and weed whackers. Many years back, I used to see one or 2 and I thought they came by because they knew I didn't eat meat and they would be safe here. But now I have a house full of carnivores and they still return. Maybe my grass tastes the best, no pesticides and plenty of weeds.
The yard sometimes resembles wild kingdom, squirrels, bunnies, ground hogs, opossums and now turkeys. Who needs to live in a rural area to see wild life? Just come to my house. Any idea as to why these turkeys come back time and time again? I get such a kick out of them!

Anyone bring the cranberry sauce?

No comments:
Post a Comment