Thursday, October 9, 2008

LIfe is So Fragile

So I was sitting in Starbucks having a hot tea and chatting with my beach buddy L and I got a phone call. It was S, he had just gotten into a motorcycle accident. My heart raced and I felt dizzy. I heard him say that he was okay, but I could not catch my breath. Apparently, he hit a slick spot on a ramp off I-90 and slid off his bike. The bike is totalled but he is fine. I have been trying to calm down all night. All I could think of was that I'm not ready to be a widow, we haven't even been married 1 year.

In another post, I will explain to you why I already know how fragile life is and how easy it is for someone to pass on to the next world. S is upset that he wont be able to take the bike to Vermont this weekend and all I can think of is, at least I'm not planning his funeral.

It is too easy for a life to be snuffed out, for a life to end, with no good byes, with no final comments, with no last hug and "I love you."

I have had such a hard time getting close to anyone knowing this. Loving someone means putting your heart out there, no matter what. And if, GOD FORBID, something happens to someone you are close to, someone you love, it is almost impossible to survive it, to move on, to lead a normal life.

So I guess my point is, hug your loved one, your child, your spouse, your best friend. Because life is so fragile, all it takes is one second for that person to go away.
xo

No comments: