Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life in my Bubble

When I was born, the story goes that I had a bubble on the side of my head, something about the fact that my head was so enormous, and my mom had a difficult time birthing me - I guess its pretty common in giant headed babies and it went away in a few days...SO for the first few years of my life, my dad called me "Bubble"

I have a confession to make......For the past few days I have been living in a bit of a bubble..What does that mean? you might ask. Well, I have been keeping my interactions with the outside world to a minimum - I haven't quite felt like dealing with life. I suppose every once in a while, one goes on shutdown mode, like your computer when you leave it idle, it goes into sleep mode. Maybe its the change of season, maybe its the fact that life has been insane and super busy...I don't know - all I know is that my bubble burst this morning as I was cramming myself into my jeans...YIKES! not only have I been hiding out from the world but I also have been eating, and I mean EATING! the scale tells me I gained 3 pounds - mean mean scale..So the bubble has burst, sending me flying back to the world...I am behind in my bills, catching up with my friends and my gossip and my blog. Poor little blog - how I have ignored you...

A nice thing, however, about being in a bubble is the time I have had with S. Yesterday I had him all to myself...YAY! With our schedules the way they are, days like that don't come around very often. It was wonderful to hang around together and be a married couple, just the 2 of us..It reminds me why I married him...And yes, we are coming up to our first anniversary! I can hardly believe that I have been a wife for almost 1 year and the world has not ended.

SO I am out of the bubble and back to reality....I suppose it was bound to happen. Why is everything so loud?

No comments: