Monday, November 3, 2008

November

Good morning and happy November. Like everyone says - where did October go?

Had a busy weekend with Halloween and S's birthday. Yesterday S and I did what all good upstaters do in early November - we raked. The leaves are falling to the ground, opening up the sky to its winterish hue. Fill the leaf bags and drag them to the curb - not that we have a real curb, more like where the lawn ends and the street begins. Raking brought back memories of raking as a kid. Mom would get us bundle up and out we would go. Rewarded by hot chocolate, we raked most of the day.


Also, this time of year brings the changing of the clocks, fall back. So now, instead of it getting dark at around 6:00, it gets dark around 5:00. Coming home from work in the dark tends to make one sleepy and ready for bed really early. S and I were in bed last night at 8:30, which was really 9:30. Sigh. Gone are the long twilights of summer. The change of seasons brings many feelings. I do love looking forward to the holidays. As I have said, last year at this time we were preparing for our wedding, so paying attention to the change of seasons was not on my list.

So its the day before election day - THANK GOD. Lets elect our new President and move on....We are off from work tomorrow - YAY! Ill keep you posted on the outcomes and the effects it has on S and I, as we are on opposite sides of the world when it comes to who should be elected.

No comments: