Morning y'all...I am up, saw S, L and D off about 1/2 hour ago, and since I have been sitting here trying to talk myself out of a cold. That throat tickle started last night while I was making cookie dough for Saturday's Bake-a-thon.. I thought I was all immunity and health because I dodged the tummy virus that made its way thru our little family. I was all "look how healthy I am, I take my vitamins and I eat right and get enough sleep and I use my anti bacterial hand spray religiously"....
Well, guess what, germs will find you , when you least expect it..S and I went to L and D's school on Tuesday night for their Christmas concert, seeing the little ones dressed up in their Sunday best, smiling and singing their little hearts out was so fulfilling, the little ones just wanted to sing well for their parents (and step parents and grandparents)...While I was enjoying it feeling very maternal, I couldn't help but cringe every time there was a cough, sneeze or nose honk into a tissue. Quick! My anti bacterial hand spray! Tis the season I suppose..
This thing is, this time of year holds so much happiness and joy, once you get past the shopping and other grown up stuff..that to be sick is a HUGE bummer...I have spent a few holidays sick in bed, missing all the parties and cheer. One New Years eve, I was sick, stuck in my bed with horrible bronchitis...I missed much silliness that year.
Anyhow, I suppose I should double up on my C vitamin, get extra rest and fight this ba-humbug cold.. - Lets call it the Bah-Humbug-Bug - Whatever works, I don't want to have a cold now....
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOL nose honking!
at least there aren't any brown strings flying....or are there?
im sure there was plenty of brown strings - none stuck under the ice tho. :)
Post a Comment