Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Time is Here..



So it was made clear to me by my best childhood friend that I have been neglecting my blog - she really gave me a kick in the pants - or jeans I should say. Anyhow, yes, I admit to neglecting my little blog. Why? Hmm, That is a good question..I suppose I have been in flux as of late.. My anniversary was here and it was wonderful, then Thanksgiving with my mom and S's parents, such good food, drink and company! Then - BOOM....Christmas is upon us....I have been having the worst time finding the Christmas spirit...so I have been a bit down.

I went looking for said spirit..I lit a balsam candle...Nope...Listened to some Christmas tunes...Nope...Made a Christmas cookie list...Still Nope..I was ready to start looking under the bed or in the closet for that elusive spirit - that warmth, happiness and general feeling of nice that this time of year ALWAYS brings me in a pretty package...The, guess what..I FOUND IT! Where?

The Charlie Brown Christmas special. As those of you who know me, know I am a fan of Snoopy, always have been, heck - I even have that crazy beagle tattooed on my....well, maybe that will be in another post...SO, this dog and his gang the Peanuts have given me years of enjoyment. I put the dvd of the special in tonight - just for fun...and there it was - the aforementioned spirit, gazing back at me, in the form of a big round headed kid and his dog.

I have watched this special so many times, I know it almost by heart. I watched it religiously every year growing up with my sister and brother, glued, laughing and enjoying it. I think maybe that has something to do with why this tv special makes me feel so good, the memories it reminds me of, being little, waiting for santa...decorating the tree...I think as grown ups, we need to retain a bit of that childhood glee of this season, focus on the fun and family. We stress so much about fighting traffic to go shopping (don't even get me started on Wolf Rd!) and cooking and wrapping presents and traveling that we lose sight of the basic premise. The joy of the season, its quite simple really..Linus will tell you all about it, hes got it right.

So , I have found the spirit and I am thrilled! I was afraid that it would escape me and I would turn into one of those grouchy I-HATE-CHRISTMAS people...Rest assured y'all, I'm still a kid at heart!

xo

No comments: