Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baby Weight

Happy Thursday - are we ready for another storm? Ugh...

Anyhow - I'm typing this while wearing jeans with the top two buttons undone...No, it isn't because I just had a huge meal, it is because I have yet to lose all the weight I gained while pregnant with Baby C. He will be 16 weeks old on Saturday - how is that even possible?! I am told that it took nine months to put all this weight on - I shouldn't expect it to come off quickly..Why? I find the whole idea annoying. Now before you get all "your body is an amazing thing" on me - I do think my body is amazing - when I think about what giving birth is all about, I am still in awe.

Yes, while expecting Baby C, I did indulge in ice cream and a second helping of dinner - and why not? Not only was I growing a person, but I was also going without cocktails and sushi - I needed some sort of compensation...So, as a result, I gained around 40 something pounds. I was huge and uncomfortable.



Yes, that is me - ready to bust. I did not like being pregnant, I love Baby C, but hated my pregnant body. Now that he is here, I would like my old body back, please..Thanks...

If I read another article about how we as mom's need to embrace our post preg bodies, I think I might toss my low fat cookies.. So, are you saying, now that I'm a mom, I'm no longer allowed to wear a bikini? I feel as tho the women who proclaim to love their wider hips and tummy pooch also are the ones who loved being pregnant and claim to have forgotten the pain of childbirth..They are part of the loud voices that drown voices like mine out..My voice that yells - "Go away tummy pooch and last few pounds!"

Will I ever look like this again?


Yes, I am vain...
xo

No comments: