Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ever Feel Like You Missed the Bus?

So I was watching the Today show this morning waiting for Baby C to wake up for his bottle and Matt Lauer was interviewing Snooki from the Jersey Shore. I assume you know who she is and have watched or at least know of the show..I am guilty in that I watch it and in a demented way - enjoy it. So anyhow, this 23 year old is being interviewed by the same man who has interviewed World leaders...And what is her claim to fame? She is a pint sized party animal who hams it up with her spray on tan and fake accent on this campy reality show. She was going on and on this morning about her clothing line, her jewelry line and her book - she actually called it a novel....Now, Im not faulting her - she is just grabbing her fame and using it to her advantage - I think anyone would do the same.

This made me think - what am I doing? What is my brand? Why can't I have a clothing line? Where is my 15 minutes of fame? I mean if this little 23 year old can cash in - what am I doing wrong? I looked around my suburban home neatly tucked away on a cul-de-sac and thought - sure I have a great house and a few pennies in the bank...And I stress a FEW..There are no expensive cars in the garage, no designer clothes or over the top toys...We are smack dab in the middle class.

So what is wrong with the middle class? Nothing - but I have that nagging feeling that there is something bigger and better out there for me...I am ready to find the next big thing..But what is it and how do I find it? Do I have to make an as* out of myself on reality TV to buy a BMW? I just know there is more to life than scraping by and having just "enough"...

Thoughts? Do you ever feel like you might have missed something?
xo

No comments: