Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Life - Back to Reality - Back to the Here and Now..


Anyone remember Soul to Soul? They were an early 90's band - I loved them! In fact - I think I still have their CD hanging around somewhere...
Anyhow, happy new year - 2011!! Will someone please tell me where the last decade went? sheesh.....

So as the new year rolled around, I was forced back to reality..I had been home with Baby C since he was born in early October..I am now back to work full time and he has entered the wonderful world of daycare... So many things about having a baby are hard - but leaving him yesterday was the worst - it might have rivaled labor (still traumatized - I will NOT forget that pain)..How can anyone be ok with dropping off their 3 month old to virtual strangers? I cried - yup - in front of everyone - I HATE doing that - but I just couldn't help it..I am told this is perfectly normal - but I thought - HUMPH....I am in control of my emotions - no - not when it comes to Baby C - all bets are off...I finally understand the whole mommy thing - the intense love and need to protect at any at all cost your child.

It is funny to think of how I never wanted to have children, nope. Well - I guess I was wrong..:)
xo

No comments: