
So I was surfing around the Internet before S. got up and I started watching the panda cam from the Atlanta Zoo, where a new baby panda was born a few weeks back. The scene this morning was amazing, mama panda was laying on her side, cradling, basically spooning the baby. Now, I'm sure you have all seen how tiny pandas are when they are born...It is amazing to me how gentle mama panda is with such a tiny creature.
The mom instinct is very strong, obviously for pandas. I wonder about the mom instinct in humans..I have seen it in my friends and family, they know by the sound of their child's cry whether they are hungry/tired/wet..Do all moms get this? When I am with my stepsons, I feel an slight bit of it, watch them crossing the street, I can tell who is coughing..
I think it is amazing that this instinct, this innate knowing that you cant learn in any parenting book is so strong. I look forward to being a mommy with (I hope and pray) those instincts. Something in common with those cute fuzzy pandas. :)
The mom instinct is very strong, obviously for pandas. I wonder about the mom instinct in humans..I have seen it in my friends and family, they know by the sound of their child's cry whether they are hungry/tired/wet..Do all moms get this? When I am with my stepsons, I feel an slight bit of it, watch them crossing the street, I can tell who is coughing..
I think it is amazing that this instinct, this innate knowing that you cant learn in any parenting book is so strong. I look forward to being a mommy with (I hope and pray) those instincts. Something in common with those cute fuzzy pandas. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment