Another Beautiful fall morning..
Last night I attended a board meeting of the Hudson Valley Writers Guild. I have been involved in the Guild for about 7 years now, and I never stop enjoying it. The board is made up of a friendly, talented group of writers who honestly care about the written word. Some are more published than others, some are outspoken, some are quiet. I couldn't stop staring at one fellow board member who was knitting - her hands were so graceful, poetry in motion - so to speak. We discussed where the Guild is now financially and what programs we have on the horizon. I always feel so energized and inspired to pick up a pen when I leave...So I have decided to share some of my work here. Call it poetry, prose, stream of consciousness writing...I have never tryed to follow any pattern in my writing. It is all very personal, some very dark and some, well, some is just plain odd...So watch this space for my ramblings....
Ok, so I get home from my meeting last night and S is watching the Mets game, L and D are safely in their beds, sleeping like little ones sleep...The crisis on Wall Street, in the housing crises is on our mind, as we get ready to enter into the real estate game. Or should we? I have been getting more and more nervous about selling and buying in this volatile time. S has been steady on the course - until last night. We discussed possibly staying put until the spring or until the market becomes a bit more steady..I would love to get into a bigger house ASAP, but I certainly don't want to lose money or waste money..I also would not mind sitting and enjoying my new kitchen and all of the other improvements we have made in the past few months...
So what do we do? Stay put for a bit or throw caution to the wind and go for it? Move - Sell....Being a grown up sure is hard..

No comments:
Post a Comment